Guess what? Come on, it's not that hard to see that Lxpup is a Linux distribution based on Puppy Linux that features the lightweight LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment) desktop environment.
What else? Thanks to Lxpup, the Puppy Linux desktop is now even faster because of LXDE, as it uses less RAM than other desktop environments.
If we look under the hood, we can see that Lxpup is powered by Linux kernel 3.1.10, so you can install it on older hardware as well.
Other than that, take a look at the screenshots above or grab a copy and give it a try yourselves.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lxpup 13.01 is based with the latest 01Micko's Slacko 5.4 NO-PAE with kernel 3.2.33.
· All the latest LXDE components: Pcmanfm 1.1.0, Lxpanel 5.10, Openbox 3.5 etc.
· A session switcher had been added.
· A Full edition
· Mate 1.4.2 with it's components
· Xfce 4.10 with Thunar 1.5.3 and it's components
· LibreOffice 3.6.5
· Evince 3.4.2
· File-Roller 3.4.2
· Firefox 18
· Gthumb 3.0.1
· Rhythmbox 2.95
· Totem 3.4.2
· Gimp 2.8.2
· Vlc 2.0.5
· Qt 4.8.4
· Pidgin 2.10.6
· All multimedia Codecs
· Musics/Pics/Videos Thumbnails