Linux Mint Fluxbox is the first Community Edition of Linux Mint based on the Fluxbox window manager, made by and for the Linux Mint Community.
This release has been built from the ground up based on the Ubuntu Hardy repositories with the emphasis on a lightweight and yet fully functional desktop centered on the Fluxbox window manager.
mint-mfm: The most radical feature of Linux Mint Fluxbox CE is the auto-generated and auto-updating Fluxbox menu! Simply put, gone are the days when using Fluxbox meant you had to manually build/edit your menu. Installing or uninstalling, mint-mfm will take care of the menu for you! However, if you still wish to manually edit your menu, you can, and your modifications will remain intact through menu updates. You can even enable or disable menu icons with a click of a button in mintDesktop! Credit goes to Sayan of the March Linux project for the core of mint-mfm.
Full Desktop Environment functionality: Linux Mint Fluxbox CE tries to strike an ideal balance between low resource usage and GUI functionality. Hence, GUI tools have been included wherever possible to give an experience to match a full blown Desktop Environment such as Gnome or XFCE.
Minty Goodness: The Linux Mint specific applications you have come to know and love are all included.
Multimedia compatibility: As you have now come to expect from a Linux Mint release, Linux Mint Fluxbox CE comes with all available codecs and plugins preinstalled so that you can enjoy your media out of the box be it on your machine or online.
Thunar custom actions: Many custom actions have been added to make the use of Linux Mint Fluxbox CE a more pleasant affair.
* md5sum-mint: A simple tool for quick and easy calculation of MD5 Checksums
* Simple printing of files
* Folder sharing over Samba
* Upload to the mintUpload service
* Browsing as root
* Searching in a specified location
* Easy installation of True Type fonts
* Easy creation of symbolic links
Better language/localization support: With the Elyssa family of Linux Mint releases, language support has been a major focus. All Mint tools were internationalized and are being actively translated by the community.
Look and feel: Attractive themes have been chosen to give this release a sharp and pleasant look with a predominant green bias.
* Fluxbox style: modified MurrinaFlux style (by Hund)
* GTK theme: custom MurrinaMintFB theme using the Murrina engine
* Icon theme: Delta Green (by rodofr)
* Backgrounds and GDM themes: Elyssa defaults (by Jernau)
* Sound theme from the Ubuntu repositories
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Linux Mint is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 5 'Elyssa' Fluxbox Community edition. This edition, maintained by Shane Joe Lazar, brings you the best and most essential tools from the Main and Xfce editions on top of an extremely thin desktop and the lightweight Fluxbox window manager. New features: auto-generated and auto-updating Fluxbox menu, multimedia compatibility with all available codecs and plugins pre-installed, Thunar custom actions, better language and localization support, and attractive themes with a predominant green bias.