LinHES is an open source attempt to make the installation of a GNU/Linux operating system and the MythTV software as trivial as possible.
The LinHES operating system includes everything one needs to get his/her settop box up and running in as little time as possible.
The system uses open source software and support for off the shelf hardware, so you will be able to easily assemble a box that has the following functions: PVR, Jukebox, Image viewer, and Game station.
LinHES is distributed as a single CD-size ISO image, supporting both the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
- i686 has been dropped, all packages are compiled for x86_64.
- Old nVidia drivers have been dropped. The current nVidia drivers support the 8xxxx series, gt2xx and later.
- xconfig.sh will no longer generate full xorg.conf files, instead it places snippets in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
- Fbsplash was removed and replaced with plymouth
- rrdstats was removed and replaced with xymon, which is part of supplemental web (installed by default)
- grub2 replaced grub
- tightvnc replaced by tigervnc
- Fluxbox has been replaced by enlightenment as the default window manager. set_windowmanager.sh may be used to restore fluxbox
- Remote selection was reorganized. Now there are 4 major types of classifications, which should make it easier to find more common remotes.
- Partition change, instead of 3 partitions there are now 7 for the main disk. Home and /data/srv/mysql are separate partitions. This will make updates even easier and help prevent system corruption due to a filled disk.
- The mount poin...