Lighthouse Pup 5.00 F
A Linux distribution derived from Puppy Linux
Lighthouse Pup is a quick and easy-to-setup, full-featured operating system. It offers several media players, GIMP image editing, optional KDE and Compiz-Fusion eye-candy, and accessibility components. It has modular design with numerous add-on packages, including Lighthouse Mariner, Voyager, OpenOffice.org or Opera.
- LXDE, JWM, IceWM, GIMP 2.6.2, Seamonkey, Flash, StreamTuner, Transmission bittorrent
- Audacious, Audacity, Mplayer, Pmusic, RealPlayer, VLC Media Player, XINE, Wine
- Pburn, Pmusic, Fotoxx, gtkam, Conky system monitor, Edit-SFS-LHP squash file editor
- Gslapt 0.5.1a Slackware Package Management, PSI (Puppy-Software-Installer)
- PuppyBasicScreensaver, Tuxtype2 - fun way to improve typing skills
- Phelp Command line getting started tips, Pupver software versions
- Supports up to 40 SFS add-on application packs.
- When using extra SFS files, they are displayed during boot up and in tweaked Puppy BootManager.
- For better performance, main file is copied to RAM if sufficient memory and fast media is detected.
- Bootable CD-Rom Boot Menu includes Memtest86+
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.4.2
- Updated to Pburn 3.03, Pfind 4.14
- New: flac2mp3: Right-click on a FLAC audio file in ROX-Filer to convert all FLAC files in the directory to high quality vbr mp3. Input files remain intact. Based on a script at ArchLinux.org.
- 4.4.2d_update1 bugfix