Lighthouse Pup is a quick and easy-to-setup, full-featured operating system. It offers several media players, GIMP image editing, optional KDE and Compiz-Fusion eye-candy, and accessibility components. It has modular design with numerous add-on packages, including Lighthouse Mariner, Voyager, OpenOffice.org or Opera.
Here are some key features of "Lighthouse Pup":
· LXDE, JWM, IceWM, GIMP 2.6.2, Seamonkey, Flash, StreamTuner, Transmission bittorrent
· Audacious, Audacity, Mplayer, Pmusic, RealPlayer, VLC Media Player, XINE, Wine
· Pburn, Pmusic, Fotoxx, gtkam, Conky system monitor, Edit-SFS-LHP squash file editor
· Gslapt 0.5.1a Slackware Package Management, PSI (Puppy-Software-Installer)
· PuppyBasicScreensaver, Tuxtype2 - fun way to improve typing skills
· Phelp Command line getting started tips, Pupver software versions
· Supports up to 40 SFS add-on application packs.
· When using extra SFS files, they are displayed during boot up and in tweaked Puppy BootManager.
· For better performance, main file is copied to RAM if sufficient memory and fast media is detected.
· Bootable CD-Rom Boot Menu includes Memtest86+
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated to Pburn 3.03, Pfind 4.14
· New: flac2mp3: Right-click on a FLAC audio file in ROX-Filer to convert all FLAC files in the directory to high quality vbr mp3. Input files remain intact. Based on a script at ArchLinux.org.
· 4.4.2d_update1 bugfix