Instant WebKiosk/EDS 13
Linux-heart, browser-face. Secure. Fast.
It is a "live" (no installation required) browser-only (only the browser interface will show up) operating system based on Linux Debian. It boots from USB keys* or CD-ROMS* and features full HTML5 support (Firefox), Adobe Flash support and a very useful on-screen virtual keyboard for touch devices.
Instant WebKiosk/EDS displays a full-screen view with locked navigation, restricted to the page specified. There is no way to stop it or escape this view but rebooting the machine. After the reset, the operating system defaults to original values except for persistent settings*: network, i18n, sound and digital-signage related configurations persist across reboots.
- system ready at every reboot without man presence: automatic start of the operating system in digital signage mode with selected network connection method (or DHCP for non persistent build);
- mantainance screen displayed after boot for 5 seconds for parameters changing;
- mouse pointer hides itself in about a minute of user inactivity;
- optional on-screen virtual keyboard;
- machine MAC address is added at the end of the target URL, allowing multiple deploys pointing just one server location, for example: yourserver.com?id=080027fe959b. It's up to your local/remote server logic to display the appropriate content;
- URL, reload time and virtual keyboard settings are preserved across reboots*: even if Instant WebKiosk/EDS is a live system, (only) some settings are saved directly into a hidden partition inside the USB key: network, internationalization, sound and digital signage settings are persistent!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Network Time Protocol synchronization and local time zones configuration.
- Instructions added for a pseudo-navigation panel, Chrome view (useful when managing pop-ups in the digital signage view is needed).