GNOME 3 Live based on Fedora allows you to run a live version of the GNOME 3 desktop environment directly from a CD/DVD or USB stick.
The user name for the Fedora live image is 'liveuser' and the password is empty.
To run from a CD/DVD, burn the download to a disk, insert into your computer and reboot.
To run the GNOME 3 from a USB stick:
- Download the USB image writer (below) and extract it
- Open a terminal and navigate to the extracted image writer folder (eg. $ cd Downloads/abock-image-usb-stick-f3b1002)
- Prepare the image writer by running: $ chmod a+x ./image-usb-stick
- Remove any USB storage devices that you might have connected to your computer and insert the empty USB stick that you want to write to
- Run the image writer script: $ sudo ./image-usb-stick path_to_the_live_image.iso
- To run the live image, reboot your computer with the USB stick attached