GIS-Knoppix is a bootable Linux CD with pre-installed GIS software.
It is based on Knoppix.
Here are some key features of "GIS Knoppix":
· Linux with KDE and many applications
· GRASS 6.0.0beta with Spearfish dataset
Raster/vector GIS, image processing system, and graphics production system
· UMN MapServer 4.4.1
Environment for building spatially enabled Internet applications
· PostgreSQL 7.4.6 / PostGIS
Postgres database with PostGIS extension
· MySQL 4.1.9
MySQL database with spatial extensions
· QGis 0.6
Viewer and data analysis for vector and raster data with PostGIS support
· TerraView 2.0
Viewer and data analysis for vector with DB support
· Jump 1.1.2
Workbench for viewing, editing, and processing spatial datasets
· Thuban 1.0.0
Interactive geographic data viewer
· MapLab 2.0.1
Suite of web-based tools to create and manage MapServer applications and map files
· MapDesk 0.7
Viewer/editor for UMN Mapserver
Compiler and UML editor for Interlis formats
and other software
· GPSdrive, GPSMan, ...
What's New in This Release:
· Added PostGIS, MySQL 4.1, TerraView, Jump, Thuban, Interlis, MapDesk
· Spearfish data set for GRASS
· Based on Knoppix 3.3
· Many updates: Mapserver 4.0.1, OpenOffice 1.1, etc.