FrameOS is a Linux distribution built by recompiling source code for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It includes an up-to-date Ruby stack as well as the latest Xen virtualisation stack.
Here are some key features of "FrameOS":
Up to Date Ruby Stack:
· We love ruby. We follow upstream. Ruby ruby-enterprise 1.8-2010-02 and rubygems 1.3.7 installed by default!
From DevOps to DevOps:
· FrameOS was developed by DevOps, with automation in mind. Chef 0.9.12 is installed by default. Built-in kickstart profiles for one step installs.
Modern Virtualization Stack:
· Latest Xen stack (4.0) from Gitco and custom KVM+Libvirt stack from the FrameOS project.
· Rebuilt from RHEL6 sources, we have removed desktop and other non essential packages for server installations and fitted the whole distribution in a ~ 350MB ISO image. A bare-metal EL6 distribution.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Derived from RHEL6 sources
· Ruby Enterprise 2010.2 (default ruby)
· Chef 0.9.12
· Ruby 1.9 (not installed by default, available in the core repo)
· JRuby 1.5.6 (not installed by default, available in the core repo)
· RubyGems 1.3.7