Fedora Live CD 21
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Fedora Live CD 20:
- Fedora 20 features GNOME 3.10. This latest version of the GNOME desktop will have a number of new applications and features:
- Fine grained scrolling when dragging the scroll bar handle, or scrolling while holding the shift key.
- Support for login and authentication with Smart Cards.
- Header bars merge title bars and toolbars into a single element, giving more screen space to window content and improving presentation of application controls.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Red Hat, Inc.
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Linux Distributions
Availability, boot options, supported platforms
Just like any other Fedora Live CD flavor, this edition is distributed as Live DVD ISO images engineered to support both 64-bit (x86_64) and 32-bit (x86) instruction set architectures. They can be burned onto DVD discs or written on USB thumb drives of 1GB or higher capacity.
From the boot prompt, users can start the live environment with default settings or in safe graphics mode, boot an existing operating system from the first disk drive, run system memory test, or check the disc for defects (only if using a DVD media).
Pure GNOME experience with a default set of apps
The graphical session of this Fedora Live CD is powered by the modern GNOME desktop environment, which includes most of the standard GNOME apps. The desktop features a single top panel from where users can open apps, interact with running programs, as well as to switch between virtual workspaces.
Default applications include the LibreOffice office suite, Mozilla Firefox web browser, Cheese webcam viewer, Empathy instant messenger, Evolution email and calendar client, Gedit text editor, Shotwell image viewer and organizer, Totem video player, as well as Rhythmbox music player.
As mentioned, some of the default GNOME apps are also included in this Fedora edition, such as Clocks, Documents, Contacts, Files, Software, Terminal, Font Viewer, Screenshot, Calculator, Character Map, Disks, Disk Usage Analyzer, Document Viewer, System Monitor, Remote Desktop Client, and Orca.
Summing up, Fedora Live CD is a freely distributed and open source operating system that allows users to test the latest features of the Fedora Linux distribution without installing anything on their computers.
Fedora Live CD was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on December 9th, 2014