FAI-CD represents fully automatic installation from CD or DVD.
FAI-CD puts all data needed for a fully automatic installation on a CD. So not network is needed and you can install the whole system from CD. The script creates an ISO image that includes the nfsroot, the configuration space and a partitial Debian mirror.
· Choose FAISERVER for installing the host as a FAI install server
· The XFREE configuration uses 24 bit color depth by default, so on older graphics cards, if will not succesfully start gdm.
· The system will be installed to the first disk (either IDE or SCSI). All data on the disk will be deleted.
· All log files from the installation can be found in /var/log/fai/localhost/last/
· After the installation the account demo with the password fai is available.
· The root password is also fai.