Emmabuntüs is the result of the humanitarian crossing the free culture, to build together a distributions for everyone.
Created for reconditioning old computers Emmabuntüs relies on the robustness of Ubuntu LTS. A dock simplifies navigation, all codecs included, integrated 3 languages (Fr, En, Es). For details, see en.wiki.emmabuntus.org, gallery.emmabuntus.org.
Here are some key features of "Emmabuntüs":
· Provide a non-profit ISO to quickly transform a computer
· Distributions based on variants of Ubuntu LTS (10.04, 12.04)
· Quick Setup Mode through automation scripts (preseed)
· Mode Live on DVD, USB (Multisystem, UNetbootin, USB-Creator)
· Install standalone without Internet, everything is in the distribution
· Installation or not non-free software included in the ISO (Flash, Codecs, Skype)
· More than sixty additional applications
· A dock allowing access to all applications
· 3 languages (French, English, Spanish) supported completely in distributions
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This update is delivered to improve the use of Emmabuntüs 2 in Digital Public Spaces, and in organizations using Emmabuntüs. The goal is to expand opportunities for reconditioning machines with the addition of the environment LXDE/OpenBox included in this version after additional installation.