Deep Freeze Linux allows administrators to leverage the strengths of Linux with the ease of use that they have grown to love in Deep Freeze. It provides a completely non-restrictive working environment where there is no need to be concerned about system damage or corruption; a simple restart eradicates all changes and ensures that the standard system configuration is available at all times.
All changes to a machine are temporary for that working session. The need for IT professionals to perform rebuilds, re-image, or troubleshoot computers is eliminated, resulting in a reduction in IT expenditures and an increase in computer uptime.
Offering a similar feature set as Deep Freeze Standard, Deep Freeze Linux requires SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 10 with the ext2 or ext3 file system running on IDE and SATA hard drives, and the KDE or GNOME desktop environments.
Protection and Security
· Guarantees 100% workstation recovery on restart
· Provides password protection and complete security
· Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
· Supports installation via command line or YaST
· Stealth Mode allows Deep Freeze Linux to run without user awareness
Control and Flexibility
· Selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed hard disk partitions
· Deep Freeze Linux can be remotely managed via command line or through several desktop management solutions