Debian Live Etch is a Live Linux distribution based on Debian 4.0. Although Debian Live is about creating your own customized Live system, we offer some prebuilt images.
Currently, builds for the three desktop environments GNOME, KDE and Xfce as well as the standard system are available. Builds based on testing are created every week and the ones based on unstable are build daily.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Linux kernel updated to 2.6.32-29.
· Updated artwork for Squeeze theme (#603554).
· Fixed Finnish keymap in graphical installer.
· Fixed usability issues with very long questions about accepting firmware licenses when some non-free firmware is used.
· Fixed mklibs segfaults on static objects;
· Avoid reloading modules that have a network interface that is already configured.
· Support the new suite name for "volatile".
· Fix text of examples in debconf templates to fit the new partition numbering scheme in GRUB 2.
· Fix resolv.conf writing of manual entered values in case DHCP doesn't supply them.
· don't depends on fs modules since it can be loaded during the filesystem lookup;
· also removing backend packages for both live-boot and live-config when running normal installation;
· calling depmod before modprobing support modules;
· for consistency, and for more flexibility with custom d-i kernels, also making anna call for installing support modules never fail.
· disable partman-zfs on kfreebsd-i386;
· fix generation of fstab CD-ROM entries;
· mark modules disabled due to firmware issues as optional.
· nic-modules: add qlcnic module;
· ata-modules: force inclusion of ata_generic;
· kirkwood: Added support for QNAP TS-119P+ and TS-219P+;
· add support for YDL PowerStation, a CHRP machine with IBM Bimini board and SLOF firmware;
· selectively load necessary modules to control G5 PowerMac fans. All G5 PowerMac models are covered now;
· fancontrol-modules (powerpc64): add windfarm_pm121 for iMac iSight machines;
· pata-modules: add pata_mpc52xx for Efika 5200B board;
· nic-modules (powerpc64): add ehea module for on-board ethernet adapters present on all IBM Power 6 and later System P boards;
· core-modules: add bestcomm-core. pata_mpc52xx and fec_mpc52xx depend on it;
· let linux-boot-prober work on all chrp machines;
· handle YDL initrd image in linux-boot-prober fallback test;
· use short unique OS labels returned by os-prober;
· use persistent device naming symlinks and UUID/LABEL tags instead of unix block device names.
· Lao and Sinhala languages added;
· 70 languages activated (included English);
· for 57 of these, translation is 100% complete.