DENX ELDK (Embedded Linux Development Kit) provides a complete and powerful software development environment for Embedded and Real-Time Systems:
· Cross Development Tools (Compiler, Assembler, Linker etc.) to develop software for the target system.
· Native tools (Shell, commands and libraries) that will run on the target system.
· Firmware that can easily be ported to new boards and processors.
· Linux kernel including all device drivers, board-support functions etc.
· RTAI (Real Time Application Interface) Extension of the Linux kernel for systems requiring hard real-time responses.
· SELF (Simple Embedded Linux Framework) as fundament to build run-time environments for your embedded systems.
All components of the ELDK are available for free with complete source code under GPL or other Free Software licenses.
What's New in This Release:
· Linux kernel version 2.6.15
· New tools: GCC 4.0, glibc 2.3.5, binutils 2.16.1
· Support for both NPTL and linuxthreads
· Based on Fedora Core 4 distribution and Dan Kegel's "Crosstool"
· Supports for recent Linux distributions like Fedora Core 4
· Support for all AMCC eval boards