CentServer is an community enterprise operating system for servers. It is totally FREE.
Why we need this?
There are so many linux distro exists in the world, why do we need another version ?
We don't need 7-8 CDs to setup linux webserver or dbserver, and no real SA will use X window (except Microsoft)
What's the advantage?
extremely small, lighting fast, super secure, and much more
Here are some key features of "CentServer":
- Optmized for server
- No X window
- Minimal server components included
- PEX network support
- 1 CD
- Setup from scratch in 10 minutes
- Community support
- Add firstboot service
- Append some must-have common actions in default installation
- Add lilo support
- Improve the kickstart script
- Add Centserver Yum repository
- Add sysstat,strace packages
- Remove mesa-libGL package
- Remove Deployment Guide package
- Remove cpus package
- Remove diskboot.img
- Fixed several minor bugs
- Reduced size to 384M, packages to 388