Calculate Linux is an open source Gentoo-based Linux distribution and Live DVD whose goal is to be easy-to-use, easy to install and update on any number of computers.
Six editions are available: Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD and CLDG) and Calculate Linux Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Linux Scratch Server (CSS), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Media Center (CMC) and Calculate Linux Desktop Xfce (CLDX).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· UEFI support added on 64bit systems.
· Hibernation is TuxOnIce by default.
· BFQ I/O scheduler supported.
· Optional support for complete kernel removal when removing the calculate-sources package.
· Calculate Utilities can now backup configuration files (Gentoo compatible); we've also added a module that handles modifications, like dispatch-conf always did. It comes both in a console and a GUI version.
· The installer provides more advanced autopartitioning options.
· The new naming convention for network interfaces has been applied.
· Network Linux clients should now boot faster when the network is down.
· Added synchronization profiles of domain users on reboot or power off.
· The IRC client in CLDG and CLDX will be HexChat instead of XChat.
· CLD now uses GParted as the GUI partition manager.
· GNOME3 is no longer supported, as CLDG now features GNOME 2. We'll not be supporting Gnome in next versions.