CacheGuard OS is a Linux based operating system dedicated to Web traffic control and optimization. It transforms an x86 based machine to a powerful, affordable Web gateway appliance.
It allows you to control all Web traffic that passes through a CacheGuard appliance. It proxies HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP. It supports HTTP transparent implementation, HTTP compression methods, caching technologies, and user-defined black and white lists.
It features a fireWall with NAT and PAT, bandwidth management (QoS), Web-based and SSH-based administration interfaces, and high availability through a VRRP implementation.
Optimize Web traffics by:
- Saving your Internet Bandwidth
- WAN/WIFI Optimisation
- Protecting your privacy against intrusions
- Managing Web Access QoS (Quality of Service)
- Bandwidth Shaping & Scheduling
- Guarding against undesirable URLS (content filtering)
- Controlling and Examining Web Access
- Accelerating Web Access
Here are some key features of "CacheGuard OS":
· HTTP Transparent Implementation
· User Defined Balck Lists & White Lists
· Light-Weight Administration
· Scalability & Load Balancing
· Caching and HTTP Compression methods
· Web oriented Firewall with NAT & PAT
· Redundancy & High Availability
· Load Sharing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new subscription verification module has been added to the system.