BG-Tiny Linux Bootdisk is a Linux bootdisk that does not use a ramdisk, so it will run on computers with very little RAM. It is basically a somewhat extended fork of Tiny Linux Bootdisk. It is based on Linux 2.4 series, uClibc, and BusyBox. It includes dosfsprogs, e2fsprogs, gpart, lilo, and ms-sys. Supported filesystems are ext2, ext3, iso9660, tmpfs, and vfat.
IDE/ATAPI Disk/CD-Rom Support
Normal Floppy Disk Support
VGA Text console
BUS / Ports:
Keyboard generic support (USB should work on most systems)
PCI / ISA Bus
Plug and Play Support / ISAPNP Support
with BG-Rescue Linux patch
uClibc 0.9.27 (statically linked into programs)
[, [[, ash, busybox, cat, chattr, chgrp, chmod, chown, cp, cut, date, dd, devfsd, df, dmesg, du, e2fsck, e2label, echo, egrep, env, false, fdisk, fgrep, find, findfs, fsck, fsck.ext2, fsck.ext3, grep, gunzip, gzip, head, kill, ln, loadkmap, ls, lsattr, md5sum, mkdir, mke2fs, mkfs.ext2, mkfs.ext3, mknod, mkswap, more, mount, mv, ps, pwd, rm, rmdir, sed, sh, sleep, sort, swapoff, swapon, sync, tail, tar, test, touch, true, tty, tune2fs, umount, uniq, unzip, vi, wc, yes, zcat
gpart 0.1h (with support for ReiserFS 3.6)
init from BusyBox 1.3.2 (including halt/poweroff/reboot)
e2fsprogs, fdisk, gzip, tar and unzip are integrated in BusyBox
Supported Filesystems: ext2, ext3, iso9660, proc, ramfs, tmpfs, vfat.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated the Linux kernel and dosfstools to the latest versions and added support for the filesystem cramfs and for the loopback device.
· Added plip support to be able to transfer data over a parallel-port Laplink cable. This makes is possible to use BG-Tiny Linux Bootdisk to install either an old windows version or a linux-2.4 Debian Linux version (eg Woody or Lenny) on an old 4MB-RAM computer which does not have or has an unsupported cdrom-drive.
· There is free ram of 1168kb and the total amount of free ram (free low ram + buffers + cached) is now 1556kb on a machine with 4MB of total ram.
· Added oneit_lite 1.0
· Updated dosfstools to 3.0.11
· Updated linux kernel to 18.104.22.168
· Removed toybox 0.1.00
· Released Floppy Version.