Android-x86 is a project to port the famous Android open source project to the x86 architecture, formerly known as "patch hosting for android x86 support". The project's goal is to provide complete solution for Android on Eee PC platforms first and then to provide solutions for common x86 platforms as well.
The tests are done by the project members and others from android-porting group.
* Most Eee PC Models, including:
- T91 (VESA mode), touchscreen works.
- Eee Top 1602C (VESA mode), touchscreen works.
- Lenovo ThinkPad x61 Tablet
Except T91 and Eee Top, all can run the native resolutions (800x480 or 1024x600) via i915 driver. Thanks to the kernel mode setting (kms) feature introduced in kernel 2.6.29.
Installation instructions: http://www.android-x86.org/documents/installhowto
Here are some key features of "Android-x86":
· Kernel 2.6.29, KMS enable
· Wifi support with GUI
· Ethernet configuration GUI
· Better disk installer
· Power Suspend/resume (S3 mode)
· Battery Status
· Software mouse cursor
· Mouse wheel
· Support netbook native resolution
· Audio (ALSA)
· V4l2 Camera support
· External monitor support
· External storage auto mount support
· Support external keyboard
· Proxy settings
· Debug mode with busybox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Kernel 3.0.36 with more drivers and bug fixes.
· Enable Dalvik JIT compiler support.
· Support some 3G modem.
· Ready to run arm translator. (You still need to install Intel's libraries from BuilDroid.)
· Physical keyboard layout selection.
· Support two cameras.
· Fake SD card is replaced by internal storage support.