wpa-buddy is a tool to decrypt WPA-PSK protected traffic, given the passphrase.
It also produces nice output telling you what's going on. wpa-buddy currently supports WPA and WPA2 (this last only in the unstable version).
· a wireless card that can be put in monitor mode (no ndiswrapper)
· WPA passphrase or Pre-Shared Secret
· possibly, an authorization from other WLAN users
wpa-buddy < input method > < output method > < options >
< input method > can be:
-r file read input from a pcap file
-i interface read input from a network interface
< output method > can be:
-t output to stdin
-d file output to a pcap file
< options > can be:
-n SSID set network name
-p pass set passphrase
-k 015A43F1.. set PSK (32 bytes)
-w don't use colors
-v level specify verbosity level (default = 1)
-h print this help
Debug messages (keys, management messages) are sent to stderr. If you specify '-t' option, output is sent to stdin.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds some minor code improvements.
· A test file is now included in the distribution.