pmping provides a parallel multiple host ping with audible results (beep on the PC speaker).
pmping is a script that pings multiple hosts in parallel and gives audible results depending on host state.
The sounds come from the internal PC speaker, thus not needing a sound card. It beeps when a host OS is losing many packets, or when it is down.
If the host is down, the script can send an email notification or run a command. All aspects are fully customisable by the user.
Here are some key features of "pmping":
· Logs notifications to standard output.
· Reloads config file on-the-fly.
· Ability to run a command when a host is down.
· Sends e-mail notifications when a host is down and when it comes up.
What's New in This Release:
· Corrected dynamic config reload (wasn't really working).
· Try to catch SMTP connection errors when sending notification e-mails.
· Changed the way we check network errors (regex was not working).