netGo is a distribution-independent networking tool.
It allows you to create profiles that contain the network settings such as the IP, netmask, gateway, name servers and wireless options. After creating a profile it can be executed with a single click.
netGo is distributed under the terms of the GPL-license.
Here are some key features of "netGo":
· Configure an interface with static IP, netmask, gateway and nameservers.
· Configure an interface using DHCP.
· Configure an interface using wireless options.
· Execute a profile from the commandline - without GUI.
· System tray support (works in KDE, Gnome, xfce etc).
· Qt 3.2.x or better.
· net-tools (ifconfig, route etc).
· dhcpcd or dhclient (needed for dhcp usage).
· wireless-tools (needed for wireless settings).
What's New in This Release:
· Feature added for executing a custom script.
· Support for both ascii- and hex-keys (wireless).
· The wireless settings are now executed before the other settings.
· Added '--hide' parameter that only shows the trayicon at startup.
· Some minor bugs fixed...