nPULSE is a Web-based network monitoring package for Unix-like operating systems. It can quickly monitor up to thousands of sites/devices at a time on multiple ports. nPULSE is written in Perl and comes with its own (SSL optional) Web server for extra security.
Instead of re-inventing existing code, nPulse uses many excellent OpenSource (GPL) products including
Nmap www.insecure.org/nmap [required]
Perl www.cpan.org [required]
OpenSSL www.openssl.com [optional]
Net::SSLeay and Mail::Mailer www.cpan.org [optional]
Java Telnet App www.mud.de/se/jta [included]
A modified version of miniserv.pl www.webmin.com [included]
· Linux/Unix Version 2.1 or greater
· Perl Version 5.004 or later
· Nmap Version 2.51 or later
What's New in This Release:
· New Feature: added a large text field on the Detail page for extra notes.
· New Feature: added an edit shortcut to the filter overview display.
· New Feature: the server now supports over 105 host/os types.
· New Feature: now uses the CGI.pm Perl module to increase portability
· New Feature: The event log display is now in a scrolling box (IE browsers only). The height is controlled by the Settings/HTML/ELHeight parameter.
· Deleted Feature: DEMO mode has been disabled.
· Bug Fix: fixed a history graph bug
· Bug Fix: fixed a bug on the port configuration page which caused a display problem on Netscape browsers.
· Bug Fix: fixed a bug in the Time::Local check in the setup routine which caused an installation error on some machines.
· Bug Fix: fixed a form submission bug on the Device Detail Pages.
· Bug Fix: fixed a typo in prefs.pl which affected the display of the Settings Page.
· Misc: Substantial rewrite and cleanup of all code except autorecheck.
· Misc: Cleaned up the HTML code produced
· Misc: Updated setup.sh to check for and remove 0.52 history files.
· Misc: Perl version 5.005 or greater is now required.