mail-wrapper is a tool to encapsulate the sendmail call from web-pages and do different checks before send the mails then.
If there is a providing environment you may have problems with unwanted mails how are created on client websites. The client use old scripts or are not used to program in a secure manner. If this sites are hacked, many spam will be send. But not with mail-wrapper!
mail-wrapper gets the mail-content, counts all recipients and write there count in a database. If too many mails was sent during a specific period of time or too many recipients are in a single mail, an administrator will be informed.
Configuration and running mail-wrapper is that easy!
- create a database
- grant select and insert to the mails and events table and select on clients table
- add - php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/local/sbin/mail-wrapper.php domain.name -email@example.com -t -i"
- now add some entries to clients-table.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A warning to admin if some limits are reached was added.
· An admin field was added.
· Per day limits were added.