This is a applet for the KDE-panel kicker, that watches a modem and allows to connect and disconnect the modem.
Here are some key features of "kmodemlights":
· the connection-state on the button (offline - awaiting connection - online)
· two LEDs showing activity for Rx and Tx, much like a modems lights (hence the name). The update-frequency is configurable from 2 to 5 (default is 5).
· a graph displaying Rx-volume and Tx-volume (updated every 2 seconds).
· The bytes received per second (updated every second), as numerical value.
· The time since the modem is online.
The colors of the lights, button-icons (await- and online- state) and the graph is configurable, and the icon that shows the state of connection comes in three sizes.
kmodemlights still has problems operating in a vertical panel!
What's New in This Release:
· configurable shortcut to go on- or offline