Kshowmail project is a KDE tool to watch mails on a POP3 server. Headers and complete mails can be viewed without loading them to the local mail client. Unpleasant mail can be deleted from the server.
The list of displayed mails can be refreshed via configurable timers. Filters can be assigned to mark known spam for deletion. Multiple accounts are supported.
A sound can be played if new mail arrives. A command menu allows user configurable commands like fetchmail or sendmail. A special command can be defined to send complain mail against spam.
The modifications I provided are mainly Qt/KDE stuff to generate a nice GUI interface. I am using the great development tool kDevelop V2.1.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· dutch and norwegian translation reply function in show mail dialog
· log shows manually deleted mails in the mail view and in the log view a tooltip shows the filter which has catched the mail
· You can set up an action for a double click on a mail list entry
· mail list: an icon in front of the sender shows whether the sender is listed on the whitelist
· Bugfix: KShowmail has crashed while showing an empty mail.
· You can export and import the filter settings
· handbook was written by Otmar Mak (english and german) and our translators have translated it into spanish, italien and dutch
· Some providers need the sequence \r\n at the end of a transmission
· The column order of the views will be saved.