jNetPcap project is a Java wrapper around the Libpcap network packet capture library. The low-level API is exposed in Java, which allows kernel buffer tuning, flags, and other features.
All captured packet buffers are wrapped, not copied, in efficient java.nio.ByteBuffer and delivered to Java by reference. This allows not-in-memory copies of packet data and very efficient and fast delivery of packets. The software is released for various platforms with the appropriate native library bundled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The release adds new features and fixes two bugs.
· One of the bugs was a memory leak that has been fixed in this release.
· A major addition is the new packet decoding framework.
· The user can now work with fully decoded packets instead of raw buffers.
· Java-level protocol header definitions are provided, and allow Java compile-time type safety checks.