ipidscan project consists in a portscanner using the ip.id method.
A portscanner using the ip.id method described by antirez on bugtraq on dec 15 1998. First public port scanner (that I'm aware of) was published on bugtraq on dec 3 1999. This program was made public as a response to that on dec 4 1999.
The scanner does not directly contact the target host and is therefore practically untracable.
Here are some key features of "ipidscan":
· Default is to send null packets for echo:ing, some firewalls block them. Override with -F
· Lots of options. All nice.
· Use -e instead of -o 256 if silent host is a windows box
· Works on big and little endian boxen
· Probably only works on linux.
· Currently only uses one silent host per scan ports are scanned sequentially
What's New in This Release:
· Works with bigendian boxen