hping is a command-line oriented TCP/IP packet assembler/analyzer.
It supports TCP, UDP, ICMP and RAW-IP protocols, has a traceroute mode, the ability to send files between a covered channel, and many other features.
Here are some key features of "hping":
· Firewall testing
· Advanced port scanning
· Network testing, using different protocols, TOS, fragmentation
· Manual path MTU discovery
· Advanced traceroute, under all the supported protocols
· Remote OS fingerprinting
· Remote uptime guessing
· TCP/IP stacks auditing
· hping can also be useful to students that are learning TCP/IP.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a problem with the checksum code. Some packet was generated with the wrong checksum! Please upgrade to rc3 ASAP.
· Scan mode. You can use hping as a low-level automated TCP port scanner. An example of output follows