A new approach to Linux network configuration tasks.
- configuration profiles
- interface name management
- removable devices
- full iproute2 command set
- interface dependencies resolution
- QoS configuration framework
- firewall support (NEW)
/etc/net provides support for the following interface types:
- WiFi (WEP)
- IPv4/IPv6 tunnels
- PSK IPSec tunnels
- Ethernet bonding and bridging
- traffic equalizer
- PPP (PPtP, PPPoE)
Due to its modular design, support for new interface types can be added without overall design changes. /etc/net consists of core scripts (stable) and GUI configurator (development). Both parts are licensed under GPL.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This maintenence release mostly features user-contributed patches and bugfixes: wlanconfig/madwifi support, openresolv support, kernel module options support in the firewall code, OpenVPN, and general performance improvements.