Bbppp is a minimalist PPP dialer designed for use with the Blackbox window manager.
This Tool displays the status of a ppp link in an decorated window, simulating the look of the Blackbox toolbar (Blackbox is a Windowmanager for X11).
To compile bbppp for use with an isdn modem follow these:
There are a number of command line options:
compact: show just one button to start/stop ppp
orient v: show tool with vertical oreientation (just have a look)
notime : don't show time label
thru : show throughput label
Here are some key features of "bbppp":
· Most colors and gradients can be changed
· Lets you start and stop ppp-link.
· Displays status of link.
· 'Lights' display tx and rx.
· Displays the time you are connected.
· You can display it as a 64 x 64 pixel Window Maker style dock app.
· You can display it in a 64 pixel width, normal height format.
· Time label will be disabled. This makes bbppp fit nicely in the Slit.
· At compile time you can change to look to compact style, which is a lot smaller (bottom picture).
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed compilation for gcc-3.0 and up