This is the home page for the ax25 utilities for amateur radio operators. These utilities work with the Linux kernel though there is no reason why they couldn't be ported to other operating systems as well with some effort.
AX.25 is a network protocol that is used for wireless networks.Generally when you want to use a network protocol, you require two things:
Operating System Support: Linux has had AX.25, Net/ROM and ROSE support for some time now.
Utilities: These manipulate or communicate with the operating system to either setup things or use the protocol.
The set of packages fit the second requirement. The packages have been split into three to make support and development easier.
The applications are a set of programs that use the protocols, as opposed to being required for setting things up. The applications are like the client and server programs, to be used by either the system administrator or a normal user.
What's New in This Release:
· New rosedump.c from Jean-Paul.
· Changes to ax25rtd from Hubert F5LCT for problems with kernel 2.2.13
· Fix for ax25rtd in VC mode
· Patch from Hans to work better with newer GCCs
· doc dirs are now relocatable
· Added Jens patches
· Adapted ax25rtd to new kernel-ax25. ax25-learn-only-mine has to be set to "true" for all interfaces to work right now.
· Note that this is only a temporary solution.
· Made new-ax25-stack ready (listen, ax25rtd). Will still work with old kernel-AX25 but need recompile.
· New program, ax25mond