WendzelNNTPd project is an open source Usenet server software for Linux.
WendzelNNTPd project is an open source Usenet server software for Linux, BSD and Windows written by Steffen Wendzel. WendzelNNTPd is a perfect solution for many modern company.
- runs on 32-Bit Windows 2000/XP systems (Vista not tested);
- runs on Linux;
- runs on BSD.
- does only implement the most important NNTP commands + authentication commands;
- only about 3.000 lines of C code;
- free version is designed for small environments (small companies, workgroups, customer support);
- free version is based on SQLite3 (MySQL support for medium/big size environments under development;
- Easy to Use:
- The main target on the development of the WendzelNNTPd was to create an Usenet server everybody can use;
- Gtk+ GUI is planed;
- Commercial support and services available:
- Commercial support is provided by Ploetner IT, germany;
- For medium/big/enterprise size environments: MySQL support is under development and available for a cheap price.
- Other Features:
- IPv6-ready (not the Windows version since Microsoft has no real IPv6 support)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.4.3
- This release includes different important stability bugfixes and improvements (like informing the NNTP client in the case of a posting that was too big).
- The administration tool now accepts a password parameter that makes it easier to embed in scripts for automatic user account generation.