WebScarab for Eclipse is an extensible framework for analyzing applications that communicate using the HTTP protocol.
It includes an HTTP monitor and an HTTP proxy for recording all messages between your machine and remote servers.
It is a port to Eclipse of the WebScarab application from OWASP.
It consists of the following components:
Proxy: HTTP proxy that monitors HTTP communication.
Triggers: Eclipse extensions and user scripts that are executed on specific message patterns.
HTTP Summary View: Eclipse view that shows all recorded messages with the ability to save and edit the message content.
Here are some key features of "WebScarab for Eclipse":
· Tight integration with the Eclipse platform
· Easily create custom trigger scripts or trigger extensions
· Save and edit HTTP message content within the Eclipse environment
· View request and response message details
· Edit messages on the fly with manual triggers
· JDK 1.5 or above
· Eclipse IDE (validated with Eclipse 3.1)
· EMF 2.1