VTun is the easiest way to create Virtual Tunnels over TCP/IP networks with traffic shaping, compression, and encryption.
In order to compile VTun you need some software packages.
Here are some key features of "VTun":
· Traffic shaping
· Mobile IP
· IP tunnel (tun).
· Supports point-to-point IP tunnel.
· Ethernet tunnel (ether).
· Supports all protocols that work over Ethernet: IP,IPX,Appletalk,Bridge,...
· Serial tunnel (tty).
· Supports all protocols that work over serial lines: PPP,SLIP,...
· Pipe tunnel (pipe).
· Supports all programs that works over Unix pipes.
· VTun protocol over TCP.
· Allows to establish tunnels behind firewalls. Very reliable.
· VTun protocol over UDP.
· Fast and efficient protocol with small tunneling overhead.
· Deflate (zlib).
· Very efficient compression. Supported for TCP only.
· LZO (lzo).
· Super fast compression. Supported for UDP and TCP.
· Challenge based authentication.
· No clear text passwords.
· BlowFish 128 bits key.
· Fast efficient encryption with 128 bits MD5 hash keys.
· Good C compiler (gcc, egcs, etc)
· Lexical Analyzer (flex, lex)
· YACC (yacc, bison, byacc)
· Universal TUN/TAP driver
· OpenSSL encryption library
What's New in This Release:
· While VTun 3.0.2 can connect to VTun 2 servers, VTun 2 clients still cannot connect to VTun 3.0.2 . That's in the works.
· If you choose your encryption style, please choose your encryption level: the parser otherwise still gets confused.