VNCTracker is a tool which you can keep track of mostly dynamic hosts on various dial-up accounts.
Rather than call each user whenever you need a current IP address for connecting with VNC, you visit the Web page generated by VNCTracker which shows the updated IP address for that host.
You can then build .vnc files for easily starting VNC with the settings to connect to the host.
Have your client's pc visit your logip.php page like so:
The IP Address is retrieved with getenv('REMOTE_ADDR'); then the IP, port and hostname are inserted into the vnctracker database for viewing with showip.php
· HTTP Server (Apache)
· PHP4 (others may work)
· bash (or some other eqiv shell)
· tail (for searching mail logs)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Many bug fixes.
· 'Request VNC' has been added to work with satellite and other one-way connections.
· This requires the remote PC to check your vnctracker server for a hostname.request file containing the IP to connect to.
· That initiates the reverse connection.
· The listening viewer (the requester) needs to have any NAT/gateway/firewall forward TCP 5500 to the listening machine.