VMPS is a way of assigning switch ports to specific VLANs based on MAC address of connecting device.
Because it was developed based solely on infomation obtained by looking at packets between VMPS and client, it is very likely not complete, it might also be wrong.
Here are some key features of "VMPS":
· Open Source
· Extensions: You can delegate decision of mac to vlan mapping to external program.
· See directory external/ for more info and examples.
What's New in This Release:
· option -e, use of external program for mac -> vlan mapping (Dori Seliskar)
· change of default logging level to more sensible SYSTEM|PARSER|VQP|INFO and some new log messages (Alex Dawson < alex _at_ ee.uwa.edu.au >)
· finally applied "SIGHUP fix for Solaris" patch from Steven Kehlet
· start/stop script from Phil A. Hedrick in contrib directory