Turtle Firewall 1.38
A firewall configuration project based on Linux 2.4.x and iptables
Turtle Firewall project is based on Kernel 2.4.x and Iptables. Its way of working is easy to understand: you can define the different firewall elements (zones, hosts, networks) and then set the services you want to enable among the different elements or groups of elements.
You can do this simply editing a XML file or using the comfortable web interface Webmin.
Turtle Firewall is an Open Source project written using the perl language and realeased under GPL version 2.0 by Andrea Frigido (Frisoft).
- Perl Interpreter
- expat library (normally included in all distros).
- perl library for expat (XML::Parser).
- Webmin (If you want to use the web interface).
- iptables command in PATH. (iptables >= 1.2.11)
- Netfilter kernel modules installed or compiled into kernel (ip_tables, ip_conntrack, etc.).
- Forward enabled ("Act as router"=yes in Hardware->Network->Routing webmin form).
- ZONES, NETWORKS, HOSTS and GROUPS definitions.
- Filter rules definitions based on services.
- New services definitions.