TracerouteWrapperServlet provides a Web frontend to a command-line tool like traceroute.
TracerouteWrapperServlet is a Java Servlet which calls a command-line tool like traceroute, nslookup, or ping and displays the tool's output within a dynamically reloadable HTML template.
You are currently limited to using one commandline tool per instance of TracerouteWrapperServlet.
quick installation notes:
- Install JRE 1.3.1 or Java 2 SDK 1.3.1 or higher.
- Install a servlet runner like Apache Tomcat.
- Copy the files included in this distribution to a location of your choice. Use the same directory structure as in the zipped file unless it seems unsuitable for you.
- Edit the properties file yourInstallDir/TracerouteWrapperServlet/WEB-INF/classes/inifile.properties to fit your environment. You need to give the path to the traceroute executable on your server. This executable is part of your OS, it's NOT included in this distribution.
- Configure your ServletRunner to have a context for TracerouteWrapperServlet
- Edit the HTML template file yourInstallDirTracerouteWrapperServletindex.html. You need to replace the location in the tag with the URL pointing to your installation of TracerouteWrapperServlet.
What's New in This Release:
· The ability to dynamically reload properties file was added.
· Minor bug fixes were made.