Sysmon is a network monitoring tool designed to provide high performance and accurate network monitoring.
Currently supported tests include monitoring of SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, Radius, NNTP, and POP3 servers. It also includes the ability to ping hosts and routers, as well as the ability to perform SNMP queries and generate alerts based on those results.
Sysmon has the ability to understand real network topologies, including the ability to monitor multiple paths and only report the actual device that is down instead of a router that is down, and all the hosts behind it.
What's New in This Release:
· fix for crash/coredump with DNS check
· Darwin/OSX 10.4.x build cleanups
· reduce calls to time()
· new queuer for objects (may not work on all systems)
· numerous cleanups
· some excess noise reduced in logs
· add some checkpointing of icmp packets and timing
· minor dependency builder fixes
· allow sets to work in the root = object declaration