SunGazer Packetfilter 0.5.2
The SunGazer Packetfilter is a small and simple tool to set up firewall rules.
You can set up the SunGazer Packetfilter with /etc/sg-packetfilter/sg-packetfilter.config
Please note the notice lines in the file.
To install follow these steps:
1. Type 'tar xvfz sg-packetfilter-X.X.X.tar.gz'
or 'tar xvfj sg-packetfilter-X.X.X.tar.bz2'.
2. Type 'cd sg-packetfilter-X.X.X'.
3. Change with 'su root' to root.
4. Type 'sh install.sh' to install the main script.
5. Go to /etc/sg-packetfilter/ and configure the file
'sg-packetfilter.config' with your favorite editor.
SunGazer Packetfilter requires the following:
- kernel >= 2.4
- iptables netfilter modules -> kernel
- iptables >= 1.2
What's New in This Release:
· adjusted forward chain
· added rule for smtp
· added rule for pop3
· added rule for pop3s
· added rule for imap4
· added rule for imap4s
· added rule for ssh
· added rule for rsync
· added rule for active ftp
· added rule for passive ftp