SquidRestrict intention is to allow multiple time restrictions to be placed on internet usage for firewalls that use The Squid Web Proxy Cache. Primarily SquidRestrict is intended to be used on Linux based firewalls such as IPCop and Smoothwall.
Currently SquidRestrict is known to work with the following
IPCop 1.4.0 to IPCop 1.4.10
Smoothwall Express 2
Smoothwall Express 3 Alpha [Grizzly]
Also available is SquidRestrict_java. SquidRestrict_java is a standalone Java application that allows you to work out the time restrictions you wish to apply to Squid. After working out the time restrictions that you want to impose you can copy/paste the result from SquidRestrict_java into your squid configuration file (squid.conf)
Here are some key features of "SquidRestrict":
Set Multiple Time Restrictions
· For each day you can set multiple time restrictions for when internet access should be allowed.
Simple User Interface
· SquidRestrict uses a simple web interface to allow you to set the time restrictions that you want in place.
· SquidRestrict is very easy to install, all you have to do is run a setup script
Supported Firewall Versions
· Works on all current versions of IPCop (1.4.0 to 1.4.10) and Smoothwall Express (v2 and v3).
Doesn't Delete any Files
· No Files are deleted when using SquidRestrict, your current Squid configuration is backed up so it can be quickly rolled back in the event of anything going wrong.
· IPCop 1.4.10
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Dutch translations.
· The Javadocs have been updated, and run scripts have been added to make running the application easier.
· This release also includes some minor i8ln fixes for the dialog boxes used.