Springenwerk project is a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) security scanner, written in Python. This is my first project using Python, so please feel free to tell me about all the places in the code where I screwed up.
This is open source software. Please help make this THE open source XSS scanner by using it, providing feedback, writing about it, filing bug reports and feature requests, donating, sponsoring, and - of course - by enhancing it.
Here are some key features of "Springenwerk":
· Finds the most common XSS vulnerabilites
· Extracts forms and input elements from given webpages and checks them for vulnerabilites
· Follows the form action targets (1 level)
· Can check custom HTTP GET and POST data arguments
· Can use Springenwerk, Firefox or IE in the requests' user agent string
· Optionally generates an HTML report file with exploits to demonstrate the vulnerabilites
· Comes with an easy to use GUI
· Platform independent, written in Python
· No installation and no super user privileges necessary
What's New in This Release:
· HTML gets parsed using the great BeautifulSoup parser now.
· BeautifulSoup can handle invalid HTML.
· Also, non-ASCII pages are no problem for Springenwerk anymore.