SharpPcap is a cross-platform packet capture framework for the .NET environment, based on the famous pcap / WinPcap libraries.
SharpPcap provides an API for capturing, injecting, analyzing and building packets using any .NET language such as C# and VB.NET.
Here are some key features of "SharpPcap":
· Cross platform. A single assembly works on Windows 32/64 bit, Linux 32/64 bit, and Mac platforms.
· Fully managed code (except for calls to libpcap/winpcap low-level libraries) written in well documented C#
· Microsoft .Net and Mono are fully supported
· High performance - Can capture network traffic in excess of 3MB/sec with minimal packet loss
· Full support for all libpcap/winpcap features including almost all winpcap extension features
Packet dissectors and constructors for:
· Ip (IPv4 and IPv6)
· ICMPv4 and ICMPv6
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Packet.Net was upgraded to 0.4.0 to get various packet parsing fixes and improvements, including LLDP packet support.
· Several bugs reported by users were fixed.