SSH Enchanter is a small library for scripting SSH sessions.
Enchanter is a small library that helps you script SSH sessions in a manner similar to Expect. It comes in multiple flavors that support different scripting languages including Python, Ruby and BeanShell. This tool requires Java 5 or greater.
Here is an example script, 'date.py', that connects to a remote SSH server and gets the output of the 'date' command:
print 'Server date is '+ssh.getLine();
To execute this script with the script and enchanter jar in the current directory, run
java -jar enchanter-python-VERSION.jar date.py
Here are some key features of "SSH Enchanter":
· Different builds to support Python, Ruby, and BeanShell scripts
· 'Learning Mode' to automatically build scripts based on observing an interactive SSH session
· Supports public key and password-interactive authentication
· API similar to the ZOC telnet/SSH client
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes the case when a missing DSA or RSA key wouldn't properly fail over to password-based authentication methods.