Remmina is a remote desktop client written in GTK+, aiming to be useful for system administrators and travellers, who need to work with lots of remote computers in front of either large monitors or tiny netbooks.
Remmina supports multiple network protocols in an integrated and consistant user interface. Currently RDP, VNC, XDMCP and SSH are supported.
Remmina is released with three separated packages:
* "remmina", the main GTK+ application
* "remmina-gnome", the GNOME desktop applet
* "remmina-xfce", the Xfce panel plugin
Remmina is free and open-source software, released under GNU GPL license.
Here are some key features of "Remmina":
The Remmina main program:
· A pure GTK+ 2.0 application!
· Maintain a list of remote desktop files, organized by groups
· Make quick connections by directly putting in the server name
· Remote desktops with higher resolutions are scrollable/scalable in both window and fullscreen mode
· Viewport fullscreen mode: remote desktop automatically scrolls when the mouse moves over the screen edge.
· Floating toolbar in fullscreen mode, allows you to switch between modes, toggle keyboard grabbing, minimize, etc.
· Tabbed interface, optionally managed by groups
· Supported network protocols: RDP, VNC, XDMCP, SSH, Avahi
The Remmina panel applets:
· Support GNOME and Xfce desktop environment in separated packages
· Open the main program or access preference dialog easily
· Drop-down applet menu to make the connections easily
· Remote desktop files are organized in sub-menu by groups
· Automatic service discovery using Avahi
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Main program design and functionality:
· Rewrite plugin system sthat plugins can have more flexibilities
· Integrate scrolled window and fullscreen view modes intone button
· Remove quick connect menu and consolidate the feature with Connection->New
· menu. Move other Edit menu items under Connection menu as well. See
· Change 'Quit' menu item t'Close'
· Show version information in plugin window
· Add link button tresolution field tbring up tresolution preference
· Calculate auto-fit window size more correctly
· Add subgroup feature, using '/' as subgroup delimiter
· Remember group expansion status
· Add shortcut key names ttoolbar tooltips
· Support shortcut key tbe same as hostkey, which will be activated by just
· press(down and up) the hostkey. By default, this is the Keyboard grabbing
· Add pin button tfloating toolbar
· Add tray icon and various related preferences options. All featues in the
· original GNOME/XFCE panel applet have been ported in it, plus all windows
· can be minimized ttray (default is off)
· Add Help/Homepage menu
RDP protocol related:
· Support TLS negotiation added in FreeRDP 0.8
· Support audiinput redirection added in FreeRDP 0.8
· Add new preference option 'Use client keyboard mapping' tobey X key
· mappings (wfaulk)
VNC protocol related:
· Change 'Proxy Destination' t'Repeater' tmake it clearer. Now the 'Server'
· is the server and 'Repeater' is the repeater.
NX protocol related:
· Add SSH tunnel
SSH protocol related:
· Add ability tspawn new session from toolbar menu
· Add Copy/Paste toolbar menu for SSH terminal
· Add Font and Scrollback lines preference option
· Add ability tshow/hide hidden files in SFTP
· Remember paned position in SFTP window
· Add startup path option in SFTP