Pinger is a network monitor tool with optional WWW interface (includes such features as sending SNMP traps to other host and others).
Compiling and Installing:
1. Become root and gunzip/tar sources
2. Create list of hosts to monitor to. I used standard file used by named server (modified as show bellow):
... hosts file sample ...
; This is file of my hosts
; pingerd will look from here |
vilma A 192.168.3.1
theodor - thoma's computer ;)
; remember, pinger use FIRST world of each line.
;SLEEP xx - sleep xx seconds
; pingerd will stop here
; All below will not be monitored
anyway - look at template in etc/
3. ./configure ( --help )
4. Edit src/config.h and src/pingerd.h if you have ping path different from /bin/ping.
6. Type make ; make install
7. Insert /usr/sbin/pingerd to your rc.local file.
8. Type /usr/sbin/pingerd or reboot your computer.
9. Move src/*.cgi to your httpd cgi-bin directory
Run www browser and type http://your.host.name/cgi-bin/pinger.cgi