Netdude, the Network Dump data Displayer and Editor, is a framework for inspection, analysis and manipulation of tcpdump trace.
The Netdude framework consists of three main components:
- Netdude: a GUI application that allows you to perform trace file editing, inspection and analysis to a degree formerly only possible by writing code.
- libnetdude: the core of the framework and the place where the packet manipulations are performed. It allows you to implement trace file manipulations at a much higher level of abstraction than code written directly on top of the pcap library.
- libpcapnav: a libpcap wrapper library that allows navigation to arbitrary packets in a tcpdump trace file between reads, using timestamps or percentage offsets.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Autotools cleanups.
- Trivial updated for upcoming release.
- Tweaks reflecting the ones just made to libnetdude: better PACKAGE_DATA_DIR definition, use of the new libnd_misc_dlopen(), and libtool compatibility.
- Fixed a bug that caused the package-related variables defined in config.h not to be set correctly by the configure script on certain platforms (most notably Ubuntu).