NeoRouter is a cross-platform zero-configuration VPN solution that securely connects Linux, Windows and Mac computers at any locations into a virtual LAN and provides a networking platform for various applications like remote desktop, shared folders and printers, offsite backup, voice & video chat, etc.
NeoRouter Free features bleeding-edge technologies and is released frequently. It is 100% free for both commercial and non-commercial usage.
Here are some key features of "NeoRouter Free":
· Support Windows (from Windows 2000 to Win7), Mac OSX (from Tiger to Snow Leopard), Linux i386/x64 (all major distros) and router firmwares (tomato, fon and openwrt).
· NeoRouter can setup direct peer-to-peer (P2P) connection between computers and achieve fastest connection speed.
· NeoRouter runs as a system service (daemon) and will automatically reconnect after reboot.
Roaming user profile:
· You can sign in from any computer using the same account and your profile (including the computer list and your preference) will roam with you.
Advanced user management and access control:
· You can create multiple users with different privileges, and grant accesses to a computer or a service individually. For example, you can prevent your gamer friend Bob from accessing the photos you shared with mom.
· You can run NeoRouter portable client from a USB drive without installation. This feature is especially useful if you are using a computer that you do not have the privileges to setup new software, e.g. in a library or hotel.
· You can personalize the user interface with your native language and favorite skin. Business users can even integrate your company's logo.
· Linux i386 and x64 (Redhat/Fedora/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian, SuSE)
· Linux-based router firmware (Tomato, OpenWRT Kamikaze, Fonera)