Network Traffic Monitor
NTM is useful for the people that have a internet plan with a limit, and moreover the exceed traffic is expensive.
NTM is write in python and is a open source software, the license is the GNU GPL v2.
- Choice of the interface to monitoring.
- Period to monitoring: Day, Week, Month, Year or Custom Days. With autoupdate.
- Autodisconnection if a limit is reached by using NetworkManager.
- Traffic Monitoring: Inbound, outbount and total traffic; Show the traffic speed.
- Time Monitoring: Total time of connections in the period.
- Time Slot Monitoring: Number of slots used.
- Reports: Show of average values and daily traffic of a configurable period.
- Online checking with NetworkManagerr or by "Ping Mode".
- The traffic is attributed to the day when the session began
- Not need root privilege
- Not invasive, use a system try icon<
- Tested with: Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala), Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope).
- Next tests: Kubuntu 9.04, Kubuntu 9.10, Ubuntu Netbook Remix, ...
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New features from 1.0:
- Internationalization. At present with English and Italian translation. If you want translate NTM in your language, contact me
- Add Import and Export of connections and traffic data.